Re: Wccp v2 question

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 01:47:26 +0800

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> I've looked over:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dutnux/
> http://www.squid-cache.org/WCCP-support/Linux/ip_wccp.c
> http://www.swelltech.com/pengies/joe/patches/
> http://www.swelltech.com/pengies/joe/patches/squid-2.2.wccp.patch
> http://www.swelltech.com/pengies/joe/patches/ip_wccp-2.2.18.patch
> http://www.swelltech.com/pengies/joe/patches/squid-2.2.wccp2.patch
> http://www.swelltech.com/pengies/joe/patches/ip_wccp.c
> and have the following question:
>
> I am in need of wccp v2 but not all the features. I need the ability to
> redirect traffic for ports other than 80 as well as the ability to
> dynamically influence the router from the proxy server as to what should be
> diverted.
>
> Can the above code and patches do it?

No. WCCPv2 support has been a long time coming, but I think a combination
of a lack of time with a lack of cisco hardware is probably the reason
you haven't seen a full implementation of wccpv2.

(*hint*)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			<Liedra> Don't worry, I know who *you* are ;)
<adrian@creative.net.au> 	<spiv> We know everything about you.