Re: Have things changed? (Squid)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 21:56:06 +0200

Welcome back. You haven't been gone that long, only about 1.5 years.

Squid-2.4 is said to be on level with Squid-2.2.STABLE5, but
Squid-2.2.STABLE5-hno is probably still the most stable known Squid.

Async-I/O in 2.2.STABLE5-hno is probably also slightly faster than
Squid-2.4. In 2.2 writing of access.log and was also made async (if
async writes was configured), but this is not the case in Squid-2.4.

My current goal is to get Squid-2.5 fully stable, but unfortunately
there is other (non-Squid) tasks competing for my time at the moment...
Hopefully I can delegate most of the non-Squid tasks to my collegues,
allowing more time to be spent on Squid. I am more or less skipping
Squid versions 2.3 and 2.4.

Digest has and always will operate separately from ICP, with digests
having a higher priority than ICP.

Regarding statistics: Can you please elighten my mind on the issue..
exacly what statistics do you think is missing?