Re: Squid development

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:28:28 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> I don't see any value in forking off such a small bit of code. By
> linking to the library (and we could link it in statically to avoid the
> overhead of shared library loading) we gain any incremental changes made
> to OpenSSL.

Not to mention optimisations on other platforms than the ones we bother
to write (and support) assembly versions for.

Note: I actually did make the OpenSSL integration generic, not requiring
you to enable ssl only because you want to link with openssl.. there is
a difference between --with-openssl and --enable-ssl.