Re: smb_auth in CVS version ...

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 23:13:40 +1000

The syntax changed as a result of the modular code coming in from the
NTLM development branch ~ 6 months back. I've got the syntax back to
what it was in 2.4 in the generic.modules branch, but I don't think that
that will be production ready for 2.5... so the auth_param directive
will see the light of day :[. Hopefully it won't confuse everyone too
much to only have it in one release :}.

Rob

(background: in squid 2.4/2.5 there is no squid support for modular
code - most everything gets hardcoded in with #ifdef's and the like. The
generic modules branch is an attempt to get most of squid truely
modular. So that clean and efficient code can be turned on and off
easily. One of the sections that that has been done for is the parser,
with the result that each module (ie basic auth which is what smb_auth
depends on) can register it's own configuration directives with the
parser, and have them honoured. In 2.5 that can't be done, so the
authenticate.c module handles the parsing, passing it down by module
name, rather than arbitrary strings).