Cachemgr.cgi crashes linux

From: Mikael Andersson <mikael.andersson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:42:45 +0200

Dear Sirs,

I'm usingg Squid 2.4.STABLE1 along with Mandrake 8 as a proxyserver. On that
server there is also webmin 0.87 installed.

Now, when I browse and use webmin evertyhing works fine until I click on
the link for cachemgr.cgi. What then happens is really ugly. Cachemgr.cgi
starts in several instances and chews memory, when RAM is empty it continues
with the swap. Linux is trying to kill the processes but cant since there is
no memory left.

Someone who knows what has caused this or even better got a solution for me
? (Since its really annoying to restart the server physically due to this (I
have renamed the file until I finds a solution so that noone else can crash
the server until that)).

Please help!

Sincerely yours

E. Öhman J:or Fondkommission AB