Re: A feature proposal for CygWin

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:25:07 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chemolli Francesco (USI)" <ChemolliF@GruppoCredit.it>
To: "'Guido Serassio'" <serassio@libero.it>; "Robert Collins"
<robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 3:59 AM
Subject: RE: A feature proposal for CygWin

> > Hi Robert,
> >
> > What is your opinion about to add the following feature to
> > Squid CygWin:
> >
> > In tools.c, add in the parseEtcHosts function the capability to read
> > automatically the hosts file from
> > %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc or
> > %windir% ?
>
> Sure, it's a simple autoconf thing, I think.

Probably shouldn't be done - in cygwin the usual practice is to symlink
/etc/hosts to the appropriate location - so that unix progras run
seamlessly. It's only win32 native ports that will then need to know about
the win32 locations, and I don't think a truely native 9x port is _ever_ on
the cards :}.

Rob