moving back to 32-bit swap_filens ?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:57:37 +0800

Another patch:

COSS would very much benefit from a 32bit swap_filn space.
Henrik patched things a while back to move it to a 25 bit number
in the StoreEntry, which is a little limiting (and confusing
when debugging COSS!)

I'd like to propose that we move swap_filn back to a 32bit int,
and we move swap_dirn to a signed char (rather than an int).

Trying to tweak the StoreEntry size for optimal storage is a nice
idea, but its rather malloc/platform dependant.

I personally think that the real solution would be to implement
a block allocator like andre's.

What do people think? It'll allow me to actually complete COSS. :-)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			Yeah, for me its (XML) like the movie Titanic.
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  Everybody loves it.