Re: HEAD patches

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 21:06:35 +0800

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > everywhere, and turns sdirno into an 8 bit number.
> >
> > It bloats the StoreEntry a little, but it allows COSS to work
> > on dirs up to 2gig. As I said before, I'd like to fix this
> > by just throwing in Andre's slab allocator.
>
> does it mean no more than 2GB can be in one COSS spool?

Kinda. I was going to use that as a pointer to a block offset, rather
than a byte offset. A little wasteful, but its a start.

Having such a low size limit is kind of silly for this.
Unless, of course, it works out ok to run multiple COSS spools on
one disk. Or whatever. See, I'm not at that point where I can
test/validate each idea I have.

(There's a few. :-)

I've pumped around 10 million requests through a single 2gig
COSS spool. So far I've had 3 "Failed to open metadata" errors.
I know what they are though. I'm now working on back-ending some
quick async code (via posix AIO) to see how well it works.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			Yeah, for me its (XML) like the movie Titanic.
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  Everybody loves it.