Re: Support request

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 13 Aug 2001 21:37:35 +1000

On 13 Aug 2001 11:26:41 +0200, Guido Serassio wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Working on cygwin-svc Squid branch, I need a C function that build a argc,
> argv[ ] structure from a single string.
>
> Someone has a simple tested code or a good URL ?
>
> Please answer me directly, answer to this question can be OT on this list.

I'm copying to the list, so folk know you've had an answer :}

The cygwin service helper - cygrunsrv - has been under very heavy
development recently...

Two things of interest:
1) it provides a unix run-environment for NT services, so squid-cygwin
without any service code can run properly, be controlled thru service
manager etc.
2) They've solved the parameter-passing/storing in registry management
problem so if you continue the cygwin/win32 service support code (which
I presume you will looking towards a win32-non-cygwin version) you can
grab the source for cygrunsrv and find a pre-packaged set of functions
to extract the parameters from the registry, add instances to the
registry etc. I'm not sure if they solved the parameters via a single
string->arc,argv[] function or via multiple registry entries, but
supporting code for either will be present.

Cheers,
Rob