Re: PATCH: CygWin port enhancement

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:07:24 +0200

Guido Serassio wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Il 18.38 14/08/2001 Wojciech Puchar ha scritto:
> [crap deleted]
>
> From what planet do you come from ?

Fully agree. My bussines is 100% Linux oriented by preference, but the Microsoft
NT family of OS:es deserves a lot of merit. It is not a bad OS, only some parts
of it not really relevant to Squid are. Some parts of NT I even wish we had in
the UNIX family of OS:es

> CygWin is a current Squid platform.

CygWin is an official Squid platform, and with the firm support from Robert it is
very likely to stay that way, causing improvements in both Squid and CygWin.

Also. thhe more Squid gets ported to different platforms, the more we get a view
of how the different platforms behave and where there are important shortcomings
in Squid design.

CygWin enables users who must or prefer to run Microsoft OS:es to run Squid which
is great. The more people that can make use of Squid the better. This is not to
say that CygWin is the best platform to run Squid, but it isn't the worst either.