Re: squid-2.4stable2 ?

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 20 Aug 2001 19:37:36 +1000

> > Adrian Chadd wrote:
> >

> >>I know there's still some work to be done on squid_2_4 before
> >>the buglist is clean (or reasonably clean), but what do people
> >>think about releasing a squid-2.4stable2? People seem to be
> >>more willing to run releases than snapshots.

I'm with Henrik. Not all projects run their branch snapshots as stabley
(sp?) as squid. IMO, any stability/security (as opposed to cosmetic)
patch going into a branch should result in a new release tarball within
a fortnight (to allow time for any new issues to crop up and/or other
patches to get coalesced into the release).

Rob