Re: filtering

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Aug 2001 01:29:01 +1000

On 25 Aug 2001 19:11:55 +0430, fatemeh bishomar wrote:
> hi,
> i saw your name in content filtering project. i want to do the same
> thing and i ask for some light point.

I think I saw your emails on squid-dev. I didn't reply there because I
don't have good answers for you.

> 1. how can i prevent sending data to client and pass it (reply body) to
> my process?

You need to either cache the data which will have a impact on ram, or
stream the body to your process.

> 2. where is the point that reply body receives completely?

http.c, function with a name like handleread.

> or how can i
> prevent sending data to client until all of it arrives ?

answered above.

You are welcome to look at what I've written. If you do you'll see that
any datafilter can buffer as much data as it needs to. Note that
buffering the entire body is normally a bad idea, for performance and
client-response reasons.

> thanks a lot.

Rob