Re: Chunked allocator evaluation

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 02:47:49 -0600

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Ok guys,
>
> Here's the latest from Andre's chunked allocator.
> Id like to add this to the list of things to evaulate
> (like we've all got time. heh.)
>
> I'm going to be busy for the next week (until the 5th)
> preparing to move back home so I'll be out of commissions
> until then.

Right. I think we've strayed far enough from this topic. :-)

Again, I'd like to throw Andre's chunked allocator in. I've
given it a quick run at home and it seems to be ok, but the only
way we're going to be know is if we through it in -HEAD and let some
of the users try it.

It may have not been on the roadmap, but I think this change would be
good for 2.5 . Having less memory and CPU used is enough of a reason
for a lot of people to give it a whirl. :-)

Adrian