Re: diskio branch updated/fixed

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 23:57:23 -0500

So far so good. Except for one site that gets mangled about 50% of the
time. I've been trying to reproduce the problem elsewhere, because the
site is an authenticated site (non-SSL). I can't seem to reproduce the
problem on any other site--but it never happens without the proxy. Very
strange. I'm going to try to isolate the problem to either the size of
the page (which is a huge page filled with tables) or the authentication.

Very fast though. COSS might just give reiser_raw something to sweat
about (of course, since reiser_raw is dead or at least comatose without
tons of funding, I guess it won't be sweating too much). I won't know
for sure until I actually put it to a full set of benches including a
polymix-[34] load and a long term set of other tests, but it looks good
so far.

I'll try to get you a test case tomorrow that can trigger the mutation
I'm seeing on that one page. It's the only page that causes problems,
so it is a somewhat fringe phenomena.

Anyway, very cool, Adrian. Very cool.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>