Re: automake

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 13:54:44 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> 1) The scripts Henrik uses to update sourceforge should filter
> everything in cfgaux/ and */Makefile.in and aclocal.m4 and also
> include/stamp-h.in. Also the files in the sourceforge repo under cfgaux
> should be removed along with the Makefile.in's and the new
> include/stamp-h.in.

Done.

> 2) We need a policy change/update to cvs.squid-cache.org:
> Any change to a Makefile is done to the corresponding Makefile.am, not
> the .in file. Also, $(top_srcdir)/bootstrap should be run before
> checking in, to ensure that all the Makefile.in's, aclocal etc are up to
> date.

Fine.

Can someone with sufficient privileges add this to
www.squid-cache.org/Devel/guidelines.html and restore the the link to this
page from the Developers Corner page (Devel/index.html). And while you are at
it please also change the section about indent to empasis that one MUST use
GNU indent 1.9.1, no other indent version or patches. [suggestion attached]

Guidelines

Guidelines

$Id$