Caching direct form the HD into Squid, is it possible?

From: Braulio Villela <braulionv@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:58:27

Hi All,

I have a scenario with two squid caches. The sibling (wireless) connects to
the parent (wired) through a radio link.

My task is to bring some URLs (web objects) into the wireless squid without
to use http connections(Sounds crazy? Could be, but it makes sense ... :)

At parent cache side (wired cache)I can build an file with the http request
(using the client application) followed by the http reply served by the
squid parent(header and body). After that I broadcast these files to the HD,
at the wireless side.

Ok, now I should bring this web objects into the sibling Squid. Innitially
my idea was to parse the http request in a request_t structure, parse the
http reply in a HttpReply structure, build the metadata and swap it out into
the cache. Is this correct?

Does anyone has already done something like this? or has an idea or tip to
give me?

Any help/sugestion would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Braulio Villela

Diploma Student University of Duisburg - Germany