Re: Peer twiddling

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 23:12:01 +0200

"Chemolli Francesco (USI)" wrote:

> I have no strong feeling wrt this.
> The interface could be made a bit more resilient to human errors (I don't
> like
> having the option to shut down squid happily intermingled with inspector
> methods in the cachemgr) maybe,

I fully agree. The shutdown method does not belong next to inspectors.

One quick and decent way to solve this without crippling cachemgr
functionality is to divide it into sub-menus. Did this as part of the
mentioned ACL reload patch by creating a sub-menu representing all ACLs.

Anyway, if one moves to SNMP the whole question is not much of an issue
as different methods is used for actions than inspection, not only
different names.