Re: Peer twiddling

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 20:30:53 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Dunno. Do you wanna write the HTTP -> SNMP gateway? :-)

Would be a cool project, but there most likely is some out there
already..

To replace cachemgr one would basically parse the MIB and present it to
the user in collapsed form, only viewing the attributes defined at the
current level, and on subtrees have options like "expand one level" (MIB
definition driven) or "expand whole subtree" (snmpwalk).

> I have this code that I'd like to commit, and I'd like to use an
> interface acceptable by everyone. Lets pool opinions so I can
> move ahead and commit this thing. :-)

You have my vote already.. until there is a better interface use
cache_object.