Re: [Fwd: squid fs question]

From: Kevin Littlejohn <darius@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:46:03 +1000

Heya,

sfs was a good idea, but development on such has been pretty much
non-existent, for a number of reasons. So it doesn't really exist in a
functional way - at least, not in any way that Squid can use it.

However, the answers to your questions are yes, we store inodes instead of
filenames - the exact details on what gets stored where inside squid were
changing as the interfaces between squid and it's filesystems changed; and sfs
manages blocks allocated to a file by keeping a bitmap of allocated blocks
combined with using the first half of the first block (and potentially other
mapping blocks if the file is really large) for traditional inode-ish information
(ie. block pointers).

KJL

--
Internet techie                    Obsidian Consulting Group
Phone: +613 9653 9364                    Fax: +613 9354 2681