Re: Squid-2.4 memory leaks

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:58:26 +0200

Florin Andrei wrote:

> Umm... Ok. But take a look at a newer graph (attached).
> Isn't the rightmost quarter of the blue line the so called "sawtooth"?
> (i'm not sure what you expect, so this is why i ask now)

It is not significant enough. Looks more like a normal usage pattern
except that the total size should have stopped increasing by then for
these relatively to the total size small variations.

The pattern I was looking for but which is ruled out was

0. more or less normal signs
1. Free drops at a constant rate
2. When free is quite low, total starts increasing at the same rate
3. Then suddently free grows to a huge size, close to the amount it
dropped

repeated every now and then.