Re: some structure feilds

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:04:44 +0200

> bishomar wrote:
>
> hi all
> I read the squid code and try to understand the structure feilds but
> these are the feilds that i can't find out them. whould you please
> help me about the meaning of them?
> 1-in StoreEntry :
> lock_count
>
> swap_status(SWAPOUT_NONE,SWAPOUT_WRITING,SWAPOUT_DONE)
> ping_status(PING_NONE,PING_WRITING,PING_DONE)
> store_status(STORE_OK,STORE_PENDING)

The above are as they are named.

lock_count number of locks held on this object
swap_status status of the on-disk cache copy
ping_status ICP status
store_status similar to swap_status

> 2-in MemObject:
> in swapout:
> *memnode
> sio

If you have read programmers guide chapter 9, you should know what a sio
is.

> start_ping
> *ping_reply_callback
> *ircb_data
> in abort:
> STABH *callback
> void *data
> int id

callbacks are callbacks.

> 3-in HttpStateData:
> reply_hdr_state

internal HTTP protocol parser state

> *orig_request

the original request as received from the client

> int fd

server file descriptor

> FwdState *fwd

server(s) the request can be forwarded to

> 4- about the external proccess "pinger" the only thing that i know is
> that to measure RTT ,pinger send icp message and receive icp reply and
> by results measure RTT. is it true? i want to know that are feilds in
> 3th above structures that containing ping in their name related to
> pinger proccess?

pinger sends ICMP ECHO probes. It is not related to ICP.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker