Re: const functions

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:33:28 +0200

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> I am against macros that could be implemented as functions.

I agree. And todays compilers are pretty good at inlining if one are
worried about function call overhead (but be warned that overly inlining
can have a negative performance impact...)

However, I have had to resort quite a bit to macros lately, pushing the
borders of C language syntax.. (and no, there is no obvious way to
solve many of the issues in C++ either)

Henrik