Re: Squid-2.4 memory leaks

From: Florin Andrei <florin@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Oct 2001 11:34:24 -0700

On Fri, 2001-10-12 at 00:17, Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> Are you sure you are using dlmalloc?

Ok, guys, you were right, it was me talking nonsense.

I had dlmalloc on several proxies, but NOT on the main one. :-( I just
installed ("unofficially", without going through the procedure, so don't
tell my boss :-D) 2.4.STABLE2 compiled with dlmalloc. The result can be
seen in the attached image, which is the memory usage in the last day.
The first decrease was the last crash :-) but what's interesting is
what's after the second decrease because that was when i installed the
new version.
See how nice and smooth (and, by Santa, how _small_!) is the memory
usage now?
I know it's not a 100% relevant test, since i'm running it for only a
day, but it already made a big difference: with the old one, it would
have been already around 700 MB and growing, while now it's somewhere
around 200 and steady.

My bad, sorry. And thank you for helping me find the solution.
Squid rockz. ;-)

--
Florin Andrei
"Making sure the kernel is highly stable even under extreme load (and

mem-day.png