Re: IPv6 enabled Squid - how?

From: Peter Bieringer <pb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:35:32 GMT

hno@marasystems.com writes:
> > Peter: what version of squid is in the RH7.2 SRPMS?
>
> 2.4.STABLE1. Not something we are remotely even interested of providing
> an ipv6 patch for.
What is the release plan for 2.5.STABLE?

> Anyway, the current situaion is that the sourceforge ipv6 patch should
> now apply fine to Squid-HEAD. But the result can't be built as there is
> some new pieces not yet IPv6 aware plus and some old ones that hasn't
> been ported yet (WCCP, linux-netfilter, possibly more)
Not real a big problem for *me*, I have updated to RHL 7.2 last week.
Am I right, that HEAD is "2.5.DEVEL"? I found that in "version.h".

For me no problem to grade up. I will try to create a RedHat like RPM next
week, beginning from spec-file of squid(RHL 7.2).
If successful, I can publish spec file and perhaps additional needed
"mini"-patches (if needed).

 Peter