Re: [squid-users] idnsCheckQueue

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:36:04 +0100

This specific message is moved to loglevel 2 in HEAD.

What we perhaps should add is a log message in the idns callbacks telling the
hostname of failed lookups and why, but it is not very important this
information information is sent to the client in the error message.

Logging this from idnsCheckQueue isn't that easy as the information is
layered away. This routine only queues raw DNS packets, with no knowledge of
what the packets contains.

What I really think we should change is what we log in access.log in event of
an error. My proposal is that we log the error name, not TCP_MISS. This would
also eleminate most of the need for having a proper cache.log message for
failed DNS queries..