Re: Multiple storeio types?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 21:59:43 +0100

Joe Cooper wrote:

> BTW-Henrik, I've been meaning to commend you and Adrian for the
> aufs+storeio stuff. It overloads very gracefully, and without /too/
> much of a hit to overall performance and hit ratio. I haven't been able
> to crash the box because of load yet (and believe me I've tried). It's
> definitely more relaxing to know that if I push it a little too hard it
> won't fall down (2.2Stable5+async, while very zippy, had the annoying
> habit of blowing up when pushed too hard).

Thanks. But I still think it can actually do considerably better.

If you had given a little warning I could have spent some time on
further tuning and optimizing aufs.. now there is not the time needed I
am afraid. Requires at least a day of coding, and two days testing, and
my testbench is not fully operational at the moment further complicating
the issue.. (haven't been in deep Squid mode for quite a while now.. and
last time I was it was mostly on other stuff than performance)