Re: eventio (was Re: 2.5 profiling)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 10:02:43 +0100

Have considered it, and dropped the idea. Too much of a change for Squid to
surive.

sendfile() works great for kernel threaded or multi-process designs. Not that
well in non-blocking I/O.

The newer versions of sendfile() capable of socket->socket transfers also
works find for applications doing tunneling, but as Squid also to cache the
traffic this isn't of very much use to Squid either. Could onle be used on
uncacheable traffic, and only by then having a very special forwarding path
completely shortcuting all component boundaries.