Re: patch to send cookies to redirect_program

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 23:28:26 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan St-Andre" <jstandre@matrox.com>
To: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 7:42 AM
Subject: patch to send cookies to redirect_program

> Hi,

Hi. Your hack is quite nice. More flexible redirectors is on the
wishlist somewhere :}.

> To use squid as a gate (in http accel. mode) for a portal project,
some
> authentication is needed. Since in http accel. mode, we can't do
> proxy_auth, the best place to do it is in the redirect_program but it
> needs to receive the cookies. The following patch adds, at the end of
> the line sent to the redirect_program, the 'Cookie: ...' line from the
> HTTP header.

In http_accel, proxy auth can be performed. The reason it's not there by
default is because more users of the accel logic in squid are the
transparent cache users, and they invariably don't believe the statement
that proxy auth and transparency don't play nice.

IIRC just define PROXY_AUTH_ON_ACCEL and you can use proxy auth. There
is full support for acceleration style proxy auth with basic in 2.4.

Rob