Re: MD5 hash query

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 05:37:58 -0600

I see...I'm definitely missing the Method->enum conversion. So will try
that. Should that be octal or does it matter? METHOD_GET is shown as
001 in enums.h, but I thought an enum as defined there would put it
simply at 1. I'll just try it. ;-)

I was looking at storeKeyPublic...you're looking at storeKeyPrivate.
Should I be looking at Private? If so, it looks like Squid can also
pass "JUNK" as the ID under some circumstances...I'm not sure I can find
out those circumstances from the store.log. But I thought a private
object was not going to be served as a hit, and wouldn't remain in the
cache, or am I misunderstanding the terminology in this part of the code?

So am I SOL (out of luck) on getting a Perl script generated MD5 to
match up with what Squid is spitting out?

Thanks Robert for the quick reply and helpful pointers. Will get back
shortly with results.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com