Re: MD5 hash query

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 22:09:48 +0100

On Friday 28 December 2001 21.17, Joe Cooper wrote:

> Henrik, you're my hero!
>
> That did the trick right nicely. Now I can get onto the fun stuff
> (database construction). Robert you were right as well, I was just too
> tired to notice (you suggested '\1'...I was thinking I had to translate
> that into a 'real' binary representation--see what sleep deprivation can
> do to you?).

Translation is recommended if extending to support the whole method list..
but on the other hand only GET and HEAD are interesting from a cache
perspective.

Also, if you are building a separate database, why do you need the MD5 hash
algorithm at all? Isn't it sufficient to simply know what the MD5 is for the
URL?