Re: Problem compiling on HP-UX 11i (32 Bit).

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 17:51:28 +0100

On Monday 07 January 2002 16.36, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> FWIW, I think the Makefile that contains "blank continuation lines" is
> of questionable quality itself (regardless of what Makefile "standard"
> is, if there is such a standard at all) and should be improved.

To this I do not agree. Such "blank continuation lines" includes
constructs like

variables = long list of values \
        more values ... \
        @automake_variable_that_may_be_empty@

Which I consider quite valid and correct use of continuation lines

I agree that intentionally written blank lines is bad standard, but is not
exacly what we are talking about here.