Re: Henrik - bug in cvs* scripts - don't check for SHELL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:48:04 +0100

Ouch.. I imagine a lot of shell escapes will misbehave in such case..

Anyway, planning on splitting the script in two stages, terminating
back to the shell on merge conflicts. The current shell escape is not
a very robust approach to the problem as one may need more time to
resolve the merge conflicts, or want to decide to do the merge at a
later time..

The danger of splitting the script is of one do not finalize the
merge using stage 2 and commits the merge by other means. In such
case the tracking gets slightly out of sync, and the next merge will
be even messier (but not impossible).