no object size in lru_add

From: Torsten Isenhardt <isi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:25:36 +0100

Hi,

I've got a problem with object sizes when using size-based replacement
policies in squid-2.4.STABLE3.

I want to change store_repl_lru.c so that the replacement policy
inspects object sizes, too. But sometimes object size is set to -1,
there is no entry->mem_obj->object_sz or entry->swap_file_sz to get the
real object size. The value of -1 sometimes appears if the requested
object is not cached and has to be requested from a server. As soon as
the object is cached swap_file_sz is correct, but that happens after
calling lru_add, when I need the object size.
Is it possible to get the correct object size in function lru_add?

When I tried heap GDSF replacement policy, which uses object sizes too,
the same problem appears. Here a default value of 1 is used if there is
no object size...

Thanks in advance,

   Torsten