Re: Commloops - Test report

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:38:22 +0100

Hi Adrian,

Il 01.29 21/01/2002 Adrian Chadd ha scritto:
>On Sun, Jan 20, 2002, Guido Serassio wrote:
>
> > Your opinion ?
>
>How long did you let squid "settle" before taking those snapshots?
>ie, after a polygraph run (1 minute or an hour, whatever), you
>should let it settle for a minute or so to let go of any persistent
>/unfinished connections.
>
>Also, look at memory_pools and memory_pools_limit - I like setting
>the memory_pools_limit low on things like this to try and keep
>squid from "hoarding" memory during a test.
>
>They look ok though. How full is the storedir?

Sorry for the delayed response, but there was still some Linux problems on
my Alpha. Now it works fine.

I have repeated the test.

The storedir dimension is 200 MB, filled at 90 %, memory_pools_limit is 32 MB.

Datacomm is configured at 8 req/second.

I take 3 snapshot during the test run after 5, 10 and 15 minutes, plus a
snapshot 2 minutes after the test run.

All html snapshots and config parameters are in the attached ZIP file.

Regards

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: serassio@interfree.it
         serassio@libero.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it