RE: winbind/PAM problem - pam_auth

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 08:26:12 +0100

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anyone could tell me if Henrik Nordstrum's
> pam_auth module works
> with the Samba winbindd program ? I seem to be half way
> there but it just
> won't bite.

Why would you want to do that? There are (will be) helpers both
for NTLM and Basic authentication that talk directly to winbindd.

> I also tried defining an explicit group: acl ukpassword proxy_auth
> uk+"domain users"

This is one weird syntax.. Does it work?

> I saw also that there is a trial winbind authenticator helper
> by 'kinkie' in
> the Squid CVS but I don't seem to have got a 'configure'
> script with the
> source. Is there a way I can extract just the helper or does
> it require a
> full compile ?

It does require a full compile, but you don't need to re-install
all of squid. Once it's compiled, move the helper
bin in squid libexec dir, and alter the squid.conf accordingly.

--
	/kinkie