Re: POESIA - an opensource Internet content filtering project

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:18:30 -0700

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002, STARYNKEVITCH Basile wrote:

[snip]

> Is the Squid cache developer team interested in having such extensions
> into Squid (or do POESIA have to fork its own branch of Squid?)
>
> Do the few ideas above appear compatible with the current Squid
> design?
>
> Given the above tentative ideas, which part of Squid should be patched
> (we already begin to work on this but obviously will appreciate any
> help or hints)?

Hi,

Funny you should mention this. The work that I'm doing in the commloops
branch (http://devel.sourceforge.net/) is the beginnings of exactly
what you want to do. The current squid internals (in squid-2.4, squid-2.5
and squid-HEAD) aren't going to be very useful for content filtering.

I don't have a timeframe on completing the commloops code besides
"whenever I have spare time". If you'd like some help understanding
what I'm doing, I'll be more than willing to help you. :-)

Adrian