Re: Squid-2.5

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:08:01 +0100

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 10:42, Robert Collins wrote:
> I still object to including the winbindd authenticator until samba
> branches for pre-release itself.
>
> I think at that point we can include them (safely) in the
> then-current 2.5.

I'll second this.

Adding new authenticators during STABLE is fine if they provide
important new functionality. Changing the auth helper interfaces are
not unless required to fix a serious bug.

From my understanding the winbindd helper is only a helper, and can
thus be added.

Further, as helpers are separate, making a separate distribution of
only the winbindd helper should be no big deal.