Re: NTLM, Windows and the sessionkey field

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:25:33 +0100

On Sunday 24 February 2002 08:11, Robert Collins wrote:

> > Also, if someone adds a third party authentication mechanism then
> > again the same thing.
>
> This is an interesting point. Personally if someone wants to add a
> third party scheme to http-ntlm, they will need something that
> doesn't exist: doco on MS's innards. They will also need to alter
> MSIE to support it. Squid will be the least of their worries.

There is apparently Netware support in NTLMSSP.. at least there is a
negotiation flag for Netware documented in the Squid sources.

And as I said before, I don't really see why the browser would need
to be modified at all. If MS has done things correcly the NTLMSSP
packets is just relayed as-is by the browser.