Accelerated SSL

From: Peter Robinson <peterr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 23:21:30 +0800 (WST)

Hi All,

Not sure if this is a 'stupid' question or not regarding squid and
accelerated caching or not. Can squid act as a accelerated cache (more
like a pass through cache) for ssl connections like it does for ssl
'proxying'?

To explain some more. I have a number of sites using squid as a mask for
IIS servers running various sites so that iis isn't visible to the outside
world as I do't believe it is 'old enough to be let out alone :)'. I now
have a number of sites that wish to run the same iis box with ssl (secure
iis - bit of an oxymoron really) and have two running with squid doing the
ssl for them to take take the load off the iis servers (how is the fix
for 6.2 and the automake problem going :) but have a couple of sites that
want to use it as a standard accel pass-through cache, I don't think this
is possible but it did make mention in the FAQ of some people working on a
'decrypt' thing for ssl. Is this relivant? Or can squid be just configured
as a reverse proxy say for people running a web server on a network of
non-real addresses behind a firewall running squid?

Peter