Re: Cisco & NTLM (fwd)

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:31:23 -0700 (MST)

any NT gurus want to answer this?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:06:41 -0600 (CST)
From: William Devine II <william@smartguys.net>
To: isp-caching@isp-caching.com
Subject: Re: Cisco & NTLM

I'm curious how they do the transparent part when anytime I've ever setup
password authentication on squid, it's required me to enter a username &
password. What method exists to transparently pass a username & password
to squid via a web browser? Does it check to see if the IP# is
authenticated on the NT domain or something?
I've been trying to come up with a way to transparently authenticate based
on whatever username & password the user logged into their NT domain or
workgroup as.

Thanks!
william