Re: benchmarking squid on solaris/x86

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:10:17 -0700

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002, Lincoln Dale wrote:

> lincoln.
> NB. no discussion on kqueued/kevent stuff ...?

Why? :)

I've already got a basic kqueue module in squid-HEAD. Its not sexy,
but it works. Once I have worked out some of the kinks in squid-HEAD
to allow for event-driven IO (and knocked out some more of the
inefficiencies in the system :) I'm sure some o the problems with
kqueue/kevent will come out.

One of the things that I can see I'd like to do with kqueue is
to add, along with the read/write events, the ability to
also perform the IO.

But then, if I manage to get squid to be bottlenecked by memory
bandwidth ill be very happy.. :-)

Adrian