Re: includes inside squid.conf

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 17:18:19 -0600

Andres Kroonmaa wrote:
> On 1 Apr 2002, at 8:06, Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com> wrote:
>
>>IMO, a failed #include operation must be a fatal error. If somebody
>>wants to make it non-fatal, they can pre-generate configuration files
>>using their custom program.
>

> If your opinion comes from wish to keep it similar to C processing,
> then I agree. But it would be really lovely to be able to keep all
> swap disk related config on that disk itself and include it as
> optional when found suitable. I for one would like that squid comes
> up after a nasty crash and disk needing manual recovery instead of
> bailing out on either nonexisting swap dir or related include config.

I'll jump in in support of an optional include capability for just this
purpose.

Any reason there shouldn't be a second 'optional_include' or
'cache_dir_include' directive?

I can't think of a simpler way to handle optional includes and mandatory
includes (which I also think is a good idea to avoid lots of emails here
on the list from folks who pay no attention to their logs). But maybe
you guys can.--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com
Web Caching Appliances and Support