RE: includes inside squid.conf

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:59:17 +1000

As Alex has already noted, the two things - including other files and
handling errors in that process - are separate issues.

I'm very much in favour of top level include capability - ie not just
for acl's as present.

I'm very much against error tolerant includes.

The reason I think -basic- includes are useful, is that it allows a
common include file to be sucked into squid at startup/reconfiguration,
whereas a separate pre-processor driven conf may not be as easily kept
in lockstep with the running squids.

I'm thinking of webmin and clustered squids here.

Rob