Re: includes inside squid.conf

From: Andres Kroonmaa <andre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:36:59 +0300

On 1 Apr 2002, at 22:27, Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:

> But we are not interested to detect if the same file has multiple
> names. What we are interested in is to detect if there is a loop.

 If you say so. Then we don't need even to bother with the filenames
 and paths, just count and limit recursion depth.

> And I'll even dare to bet that your loop detection based on inodes is
> incorrect even for UNIX.

 why?

> There won't be a need for inode based complex junk in this simple
> thing.

 complex junk?? if (stat(file_name, &sb) if (sb.st_ino==seen_ino) fail()}

> If you want to support relative path names then you better define how
> these are to be translated into absolute path names, and make this
> translation when processing the files.

 Instead we do this "simple" thing. I personally wouldn't even try.
 But seems we don't need to.

 Andres Kroonmaa <andre@online.ee>
 CTO, Microlink Online
 Tel: 6501 731, Fax: 6501 725