Re: (Fwd) Re: includes inside squid.conf

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 02:41:01 -0700

Question:

Why don't we just use a "helper" thats totally not related to squid
at all, and use say, sockets, or named pipes, or _something_
and then have some generic mechanism to communicate this into squid?

That way, we're not forking a huge process, we don't need to worry about
nasty things happening (since squid won't die - our helper app will)..

2c,

Adrian