Re: Squid-2.6 merge fest

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 08:07:11 -0700

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> >From where the comment on header parsing came into the picture? But I
> got it now (I first misread former/latter, which made me somewhat
> confused..)

If you need the stream to be sequentially read, and the headers
happen to start at offset 0 (well, the status first, _THEN_ the
headers) ...

> Then the question arises on how do you signal the returned ranges to the
> caller? As a linear stream with the ranges concatenated, or structured
> somehow?

Have an array of sub-requests of a given object.

Eg, pass storeLookup the following:

req protocol: HTTP
target protocol: HTTP
request URI: GET foo
headers: <foo>
chunk:
  headers: <foo> (including the actual range)
chunk:
  headers: <foo>

etc, so each requested chunk can have specific attributes.

See, I see it as the client side's responsibility to format the
data in the HTTP "format". It won't be as fast as the high-end
commercial caches, but its a decent comprimise.

> And how to deal with partial objects where only part of the requested
> range or ranges can be satisfied?

How is it normally handled?

adrian