Re:Re:Re: Puzzled at flags.hierarchicala and neighbors_do_private_keys after reading FAQ. :-(

From: <maer727@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 20:44:04 +0800 (CST)

Thanks, Henrik pal!

I still have a question. In the past, I think private and
public keys has the following meaning as you mentioned,

> having a private key is private to their user (cannot be shared), and
> objects having a public key is shareable, allowing cache hits.

The key value is the result of MD5 algorithm with 16-byte length.

But I think the "key" term in neighbour_do_private_keys has a different meaning
of the key. It seems like it is the index of the ICP query and has nothing to do
with the object. The "key" here has nothing to do with the private key of the
cached object? It is just a field of ICP? I have read the FAQ
"12.32. What does ``Disabling use of private keys'' mean?". I think it is the
reqnum field.

My question is, is the ICP ( maybe reqnum )field has something to do with the private key which
is genernated by MD5 to index the cached object?

Best regards,
George Ma