Re:Re: Puzzled at the meaning and function of STORE_PENDING?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 17:50:10 +0200

The amount of copying within Squid is a bit too much. One of the
issues Adrian is trying to address.

cache misses will almost always be slower than direct as there is
more hops involved in processing the request. The fact that Squid
copies the data twice is only a very small piece.

there is a few cases however where cache misses retreived via a proxy
will be faster than going direct, attributed to effectiveness of TCP
and unreliable connections.