Re:Re:Re: Puzzled at store_client.flags :-(

From: <maer727@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:14:38 +0800 (CST)

Thanks, Henrik pal!

Now I think I am fully understand the three flags by using gerp -C
last night after posting the question . :-) Ahh... it is really exciting
and interesting when I can resolve the trouble by myself, isn't it? :-)
Even though, I spent about half an hour to find where the flags occur and
how the functions using them. Thanks to God that the flags only occur several
times, if they occur hundreds of times, it will be another thing. :-)

I am puzzled why Squid can only copying one buffer to an store_client as a time
after trace the flags last night, maybe it is because Squid is a single process
based application. Am I right?

I have a proposal that why not change the name "pending" to "doing", it will puzzle
newbies like me. :-) When learning OS in university, pending means a process must wait
for some signal. I think in Squid pending has no such meaning. It simply controls
that more than one event (maybe copying) can not take place at the same time. It may
seem like a "virtual" signal in the Squid internal system.

Best regards,
George Ma

Best regards,
George Ma