Re:Re:Re: Puzzled at the meaning and function of STORE_PENDING?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 09:50:20 +0200

On Sunday 21 April 2002 04:01, maer727@sohu.com wrote:

> I still have a question. I think TCP is a reliable and
> connection-oriented protocol. Why you say it is "effectiveness of
TCP
> and unreliable connections" ?

If the underlying network connections (not TCP as such) is unreliable
then the buffering added by a proxy can help speed up TCP error
recovery. It can also help adjusting TCP windows etc beyond what most
clients will use by default when using large latency links such
satellite and similar connections.